- Full-time: $35 - $40/hourly
- Benefits: 401K, Dental, Medical, Vision, Life Insurance
- Generous reimbursement for training and applicable education
What You'll Do
As a Systems Engineer, you’ll work on a wide variety of IT environments to troubleshoot and ultimately resolve issues that arise with infrastructure, as well as escalated tickets. You’ll have an equal opportunity to use your expansive knowledge and get exposure to new situations that will stretch and build your skills. You may become our internal subject matter expert on a certain aspect of technology but that doesn’t mean that you’ll have to know absolutely everything there is to know.
The team will have your back, and they’ll benefit when you share your knowledge with them too.
Who You'll Work With
Accent delivers Managed IT Services with a team approach that provides structure for how client tickets are handled. You’ll be on one of the Elite teams providing Level 3 support. That means that in your daily work, you’ll be interacting with your Level 2 coworkers when they ask for guidance; with other Level 3 colleagues for collaboration; and with your Team Service Manager for assignments, advice, and mentoring.
You’ll be communicating with clients who may want a technical explanation for the cause of an issue. You’ll prepare monthly network health check reports that give clients visibility into network management tasks that are completed behind the scenes.
Clients and coworkers will depend on you to keep all documentation up to date, which is essential for process control and knowledge sharing.
What Your Learning Curve Looks Like
The first thing you’ll do is learn our systems and get a good understanding of how we deliver IT services to clients. Then you’ll get familiar with our technology tools and core processes. An important part of understanding how Accent operates will be to learn how everyone works together.
You’ll learn about client companies and their businesses so you can understand how IT enables their operations. Knowledge of their networks will come as you work on issues.
If you haven’t worked at a Managed Service Provider previously, you can expect your knowledge to grow by leaps and bounds because you’ll be faced with so many different scenarios than were possible when you’re limited to one or a few companies and networks.
What Success Looks Like
When something makes it to your desk, it's likely a big challenge that multiple engineers have already tried resolving, so it’s a good day when you can close out those big client issues and your documentation is complete.
Getting positive feedback or even a "thank you" and a kind word from a client survey will help you know that you’re appreciated. You won’t need a smiley face to know that your coworkers appreciate your contributions to team success.
Who’s Perfect For This Role?
This role is for you if…
You’d be a great Systems Engineer if you're the type of person that coworkers turn to when they're stuck on an issue. You love a good challenge, and the thought of handling a large variety of technologies and issues makes you giddy.
If you've worked for an MSP and you have experience with different networks, that’s great too. If you’re familiar with IT management tools, that’s even better.
While your technical skills are going to make you shine, it’s imperative that you’re a good communicator and collaborator. If you have both focus and flexibility, it will help you move from one task to the next and be a good time manager.
This role is NOT for you if…
We’re not going to lie -- this can be a high-pressure position, so if you’re easily flustered or find it hard to change gears throughout your day, then this is probably not the job for you.
Where You Can Go From Here
Expanding your knowledge and skills with training and certifications is encouraged and supported here. In fact, we’ll help you create a roadmap for your professional development.
You have options if you want to take your career to different roles within the company such as centralized services, automation or cyber security.
We’re eager to develop leaders who can act as supervisors and managers, as well as mentors for those coming up in the ranks.
Are You Qualified?
Education & Soft Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science strongly preferred but not required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work successfully with an integrated support team
- Microsoft Certified Systems Admin (MCSA– Server Administrator) or proficient
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or proficient
- Citrix Experience (preferred)
- WatchGuard Certified (preferred)
- 2+ years supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2000/2003/2008/2012
- 2+ years supporting Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010/2013/Office 365
- 2+ years supporting Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008
- 2+ years experience supporting backup software
- 2+ years experience working with server and network monitoring applications
- 2+ years experience supporting Spyware and Antivirus software
- 2+ years experience supporting network routers/firewalls/VPN concentrators
It’s the camaraderie. It’s the accessibility. It’s looking out for each other. It’s the concern for your personal life... All of that makes this a business where I can thrive.